Role of the CEO
- Oversee the implementation of the board’s policies
- Effective and efficient management of the organization in accordance with the policies and budget established by the board
- Ensuring timely, accurate and concise information is provided to the board so that it can fulfil its leadership responsibilities
- The CEO is accountable to the entire board of directors. Individual directors do you provide direction to the CEO or to other staff.
- Staff below the CEO level report to the CEO
The CEO’s responsibilities should be detailed in a Job Description and Annual Workplan approved by the board.